Some Highlights:Distressed property sales fell to its lowest number since NAR began tracking it in 2008.As you can see, with less distressed properties, sales are up in all price ranges except the $0 – $100K price range.Interest rates are still at hist…Read More
Recently there has been a lot of talk about home prices and if they are accelerating too quickly. In some areas of the country, seller supply (homes for sale) cannot keep up with the number of buyers out looking for a home, which has caused prices to rise.Read More
In this day and age of being able to shop for anything anywhere, it is really important to know what you’re looking for when you start your home search.Read More
Some Highlights:Existing home inventory is down 10.1% from last year.A lack of inventory explains the modest increase in home sales (0.8% year-over-year) despite strong buyer demand.Existing home prices increased 5.1% year-over-year, which is directly …Read More
The National Association of Realtors, The Mortgage Bankers’ Association, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are all projecting that home sales will increase in 2017. Here is a chart showing what each entity is projecting in sales for this year and the next.Read More
It’s that time of year; the seasons are changing and with them come thoughts of the upcoming holidays, family get-togethers, and planning for a new year. Those who are on the fence about whether or not now is the right time to buy don’t have to look much further to find four great reasons to consider buying a home now, instead of waiting.Read More
Some Highlights:Only 2.9% of homes are in serious delinquency, down 17.1% from July 2015.This is the 57th consecutive month with a year-over-year decline.The national foreclosure rate has returned to August 2007 levels, at only 0.9%.Read More
Whenever there is talk about an improving housing market, some begin to show concern that we may be headed toward another housing bubble that will be followed by a crash similar to the one we saw last decade.Read More
So you’ve been searching for that perfect house to call a ‘home’ and you finally found one! The price is right, and in such a competitive market you want to make sure you make a good offer so that you can guarantee your dream of making this house yours comes true!Read More
- The National Association of REALTORS surveyed their members for their Confidence Index
- The REALTORS Confidence Index is a key indicator of housing market strength based on a monthly survey sent to over 50,000 real estate practitioners. Practitioners are asked about their expectations for home sales, prices and market conditions.
- Homes sold in less than 60 days in 38 out of 50 states and Washington D.C.
- Homes sold in less than 30 days in 17 states
Owning a home has great financial benefits. Because of this, more and more experts are growing concerned about the ramifications of a falling homeownership rate. Today, let’s look at the financial reasons why owning a home of your own has been a part of the American Dream for as long as America has existed.Read More
In many markets across the country, the amount of buyers searching for their dream homes greatly outnumbers the amount of homes for sale. This has led to a competitive marketplace where buyers often need to stand out. One way to show you are serious about buying your dream home is to get pre-qualified or pre-approved for a mortgage before starting your search.Read More
The interest rate you pay on your home mortgage has a direct impact on your monthly payment; The higher the rate, the greater your payment will be. That is why it is important to look at where the experts believe rates are headed when deciding to buy now or wait until next year.Read More
- The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) recently released their latest Quarterly Home Price Index report.
- In the report, home prices are compared both regionally and by state.
- Based on the latest numbers, if you plan on relocating to another state, waiting to move may end up costing you more!
- Vermont was the only one state where home prices are actually lower than they were last year.
There are some experts questioning whether the current pace of residential home sales is sustainable. Are too many people buying homes like in 2004-2006? Are we headed for another housing crisis? Actually, if we look closely at the numbers, we can see that we are looking at a very healthy real estate market.Read More
School is back in session, the holidays are right around the corner, you might not think that now is the best time to sell your house. But with inventory below historic numbers and demand still strong, you could be missing out on a great opportunity for your family.Read More
- Hiring a Real Estate Professional to buy your dream home, or sell your current house, is one of the most educated decisions you can make!
- A Real Estate Professional has the experience needed to help you through the entire process.
- Make sure that you hire someone who knows current market conditions and can simply and effectively explain them to you and your family!
There are some that think that housing affordability is a challenge. Historically, that’s not true. Others think that home prices are approaching bubble values. If we look back over the last sixteen years, that is also not the case. As a matter of fact, the numbers show that the U.S. residential real estate market is doing just fine.Read More
There are some industry pundits claiming that residential home values have risen too quickly and that current levels are on the verge of another housing bubble. It is easy to see how this thinking has taken form if we look at a graph of home prices from 2000 to today.Read More